1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I admit, I *am* a yarn snob. I have to admit, when I was really new to knitting, I had no idea. I went to Michael's and JoAnn's and bought Lion Brand. But then, I went to a knitting store, and I was absolutely seduced by the colors, and the fibers, and just how much natural fibers (wool) and higher quality acrylics (such as Encore acrylic/wool) differ from the "cheap" stuff. Don't get me wrong; the cheap stuff (Baby Clouds) is absolutely *wonderful* for baby blankets, but, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Well, I'm allergic to cats. But I have two of them! :)
4. How long have you been knitting?
I've been knitting for almost two years now.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not currently, but, I'll look into it, and keep you posted.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I don't use any scented bath products, but, as far as candles go, I absolutely *love* Gold Canyon Candle's 'sweet vanilla sugar' and 'birthday cake'. They're absolutely *scrumptious*!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Umm...can we say those Milk Maid caramels from Brach's Pick-a-Mix bulk candies? Sour watermelon candy. Twix. Mr. Goodbar. Just not anything in *dark* chocolate. And let's not forget my 'grande-triple-nonfat-white-chocolate-mocha-with-no-whipped-cream" indulgences!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I'm very into home decorating right now, since I just recently moved. I also like to make collars for my cats (although it's hard to find small-scale cute prints!).
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm really into a lot of different types of music, really. I *adore* soundtracks, right now the "Hitch" soundtrack's residing in my CD player. I'm also into The Postal Service, Mil Mulliganos, Jem, Modest Mouse, and anything they play on 101.9 FM. I also am into musicals (The Lion King is the show I've most recently been to) and opera (Anna Netrebko).
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Pink! Anything Pink! I especially love pink/brown combinations, as well as blue/brown combinations.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
My two cats allow me to live with them.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Realistically, to be accepted into and complete a B.S. nursing program. Unrealistically, to buy all the gorgeous yarns that I absolutely *drool* over at the yarn store.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Anything Blue Sky Alpaca, or Plymouth Yarn's Alpaca. Handpainted yarns.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Pure acrylics. Anything scratchy. I'm not particularly fond of novelty or cotton yarns, either.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Shawls/stoles, hats, scarves, mittens. After all, winter will soon be upon us here in Chicago. What I've been looking for is a pattern to replicate the large scarf that was worn by the character, Lisa, in the film "Wicker Park". It's not really one of those hood/scarf things, I think it's just more of a oversized scarf that she wore like one of those hood/scarf things.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Scarves, shawls, and things for other people. :)
17. What are you knitting right now?
Another scarf, what else? I've got to get this baby hat on the needles for my co-worker who is due in October, though!
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Ponchos are cute, but I prefer the more modern-type, solid ones. (Think Gap.)
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straights. 10", if my project allows it.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Brittany Birch. Addi Turbo circulars. Clover Bamboos. (And I'm currently staking out the "blonde" wood collection of Lantern Moon's. In time, in time...)
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Haven't even attempted it. Mittens are enough for me now!
22. How did you learn to knit?
My mom initially taught me the knit stitch, but, by the time I actually got around to knitting something by myself, I had completely forgotten what she had showed me. I went to Michale's and picked up one of those multi-colored learn-to-knit scarf kits, and am self-taught from there.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmm. A baby blanket that I'm 96% (I know, I know) done with that is from last October, and a Gryffindor scarf that I'm still knitting for one of my managers - from last Christmas!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love all things cute-cat related.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. I just love the season.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Does yarn count? :) I have a small-but-growing collection of Maneki Nekos (lucky cats).
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None, although I do buy Family Circle Knitting if there is a project that I like inside!
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
"Last-Minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson and "The Last-Minute Party Girl: Fashionable, Fearless, and Foolishly Simple Entertaining" by Erika Lenkert
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
Karabella's Gossamer #230 - a shawl with ruffled edges. Ribby Cardi, from chicknits.com. (It'd be absolutely *fabulous* in a blue/brown combination!)
30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
Umm, I have no idea. I'll get back to you on that one. :)